As shelter in place regulations begin to lift across the country and we re-enter a post-COVID-19 world, our patients’ and staff members’ health and safety continue to be top of mind.
We’d also like to be transparent about sanitation standards in the healthcare space in order to ease any concerns you may have about seeing your doctor. Our practice has always adhered to infection prevention protocols set by OSHA, the ADA, and the CDC. These standards include:
Regular hand washing:
- Before and after treating a patient
- Before putting on gloves and immediately after removing them
- After touching any potentially contaminated surfaces or equipment
- Using soap and water for visibly soiled hands instead of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Use of personal protective equipment:
- Using new gloves for treatment of every patient
- Wearing gloves, masks and eyewear while treating patients
- Removing personal protective equipment before leaving the work area
Using proper respiratory and cough etiquette:
- Coughing or sneezing into the elbow
- Covering mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing
- Using and disposing of tissues
- Sanitizing hands after exposure to respiratory secretions
Use of sterile instruments and devices:
- Disinfecting and sterilizing reusable dental equipment before use on another patient
- Keeping manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions readily available for trained team members
- Wearing appropriate PPE when handling and reprocessing equipment
- Using monitors to ensure effectiveness of sterilization
- Maintaining sterilization records in accordance with state and local regulations
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the operatories and office:
- Establishing policies and procedures for routine cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Using barriers for hard-to-clean surfaces
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are not barrier-protected
- Using EPA-registered disinfectants or detergents that are suitable for health care settings
In addition to adhering to these standards, we will also take measures to ensure social distancing regulations can be respected in our practice so that all patients feel comfortable receiving care. We will be administering COVID screening and taking the temperature of everyone who walks in our office (including employees.)
- We are utilizing mobile check-in, online forms, and virtual visits to help keep you safe.
- We have also added medical grade HEPA 13 filtration systems to our office and iWave filtration to our HVAC system to reduce pathogens, allergens, and particles in the air.
If you have any questions about our sanitation processes, please feel free to contact our office for more information.
We’re so happy to be open again and can’t wait to see you.
The Lakeshore Dental Studio Team